Midwest Association of Rail Shippers Hosts In-Person Winter Meeting January 12–13
CHICAGO—November 11, 2021 (James Street Media Services)—The Midwest Association of Rail Shippers (MARS) will host its in-person annual Winter Meeting January 12–13, 2022 in Lombard, IL at the Westin Chicago Lombard hotel. The theme for the 257th meeting—"Restarting the Supply Chain with Rail"—will offer insights on the current state and recovery of the supply chain from a wide variety of industry experts.
"There has never been a more important time for rail industry leaders and shippers to get together and discuss how to create value and ship more freight via rail," said MARS President Stefan Loeb.
"With supply chain challenges come opportunity. Opportunities abound for railroads, rail suppliers, and rail constituents in general to assist shippers in need. This conference, with its unbeatable lineup of industry leaders, will look to examine and discuss every angle of this for the benefit of our attendees and members."
No virtual attendance is planned at this time. The Westin Lombard is following all national, state, and local guidelines to assure all guests remain safe throughout the event.
The meeting will feature presentations from key industry leaders including:
· Kevin Boone, Executive Vice President Sales & Marketing, CSX Transportation
· Keith Creel, President & CEO, Canadian Pacific
· Anthony B. Hatch, President, ABH Consulting
· Ian Jefferies, President & CEO, Association of American Railroads
· Michael Miller, President, North America, Genesee & Wyoming
· Gregg Mitchell, Chief Commercial Officer, Trinity Industries, Inc.
· Mathew Nee, General Manager Logistics Services, U.S. Steel
· Adam Nordstrom, Principal, Viking Navigation
· Patrick J. Ottensmeyer, President & CEO, Kansas City Southern Railway
· Timothy Quinlan, Managing Director & Senior Economist, Wells Fargo Corporate & Investment Banking
· Kenny Rocker, Executive Vice President Marketing & Sales, Union Pacific Railroad
· Dan Smith, CEO, WATCO
· James A. Squires, Chairman, President & CEO, Norfolk Southern Corporation
Typically, the MARS Winter Meeting draws more than 800 attendees. The January 2022 meeting includes more than eight hours of informative presentations and eight hours of dedicated networking time.
"2022 will be a pivotal year for the rail industry and its shipper community,” said Loeb. "Please join us in January, and help be part of the future solution and success of the industry and our mutual customers."
The meeting cost is $275. Like other recent Winter Meetings, this one will also feature the popular vendor expo which will take place on January 12. Registration and more information are available online at: www.mwrailshippers.com.
The Midwest Association of Rail Shippers (MARS) is one of five regional North American associations under the North American Rail Shippers (NARS) national organization. Headquartered in the Chicago area, MARS provides an open forum for discussion and resolution of rail transportation issues by bringing railroads, shippers, receivers, and rail supply companies together twice annually for formal meetings in the Chicago area. To review the most recent meeting presentations and to inquire about MARS membership, please visit the MARS website at www.mwrailshippers.com.
James Street Associates